Do it yourself. Don’t wait for anyone else to develop the country


Many people in the world like hero. We, in Myanmar also, can see such kind of people who like hero. Yes. I also like hero. But I feel that everyone is special – not only hero but also us. We lived in life with scare, waited for someone else who lead and change the country. Then I think that there are still also many people in the country who are waiting someone to lead and change the country.


When talking about politics with friends, they said they don’t care. When talking about they future, they don’t care. What they said to me is ‘It’s not our business. Government will do it’. But fortunately, I also have some friends who is interesting in politicians. But they said ‘I hope someone gonna change it and someone solve the problem for it. May be Daw Aung San Su Kyi or U Thein Sain can solve for us’. I didn’t continue discussion with them. Yes, we agree that if these and those people lead and help us a lot. But how is it if we do it ourselves?

In My opinion , instead of waiting and depending too much to leaders and heroics, we should also try as much as we can. In stead of blaming the government for giving no job to us, we rather find as much as we can and do it. Still some of my friend are finding jobs, but they cannot get it. For me, I even don’t need, today, to find job. Many opportunities are coming to me directly. To become like that, I, in the last two more years, tried so hard to get a job at least. I did everything I could. Finally, the meaning ‘jobless’ don’t exist in my dictionary anymore. I would like to advice to fresher and opportunities finder to try by themselves. There are always opportunities.

I am not saying only about the job. There are also many other issue. For example, instead of blaming to government for dirty city, we should keep your trashes to the right place. Instead of blaming to government for unhealthy environment, we shouldn’t smoke in public place. The government is also not good yet, but if we, the people, are also not trying to stand on ourself, to have self-discipline and to self-drive,  we will always have to live under those who are cheating us. In order to change the country and instead of waiting for heroics, you can become a hero and you can become a special to develop the country. Change yourself!

Author: Aung Kham
Image source: christophermartinphotography.com

0 comments: