Myanmar need business entrepreneurs

photo- entrepreneur.com


I have a lot of friends who are starting own business in Myanmar. When I asked about their, they showed me their idea, and I was amazed for I saw that they all have the same business model.



One of my friend opened a store in which daily needs of human are sold like foods, electronic devices and so on. He bought them from dealers and sold it by pricing up a little bit from original price. My another friend buys smartphone from China, Thailand and Singapore and sell it in Myanmar by pricing up a little bit like he bought iPhone 5S by 650 dollars and sell it 700 dollars in Myanmar. My another friend buys clothes from Thailand and do in the same way also.


What I finally found is that they only have an idea to get benefit from selling every product with a raised price. it is really too streaming. It is fine as long as only few people are doing the way, but now in local area, everybody are copying each other and doing the same business.


To start a business, four p, said by Kotler, product, price, place, promotion, is not still enough to success. In this condition doing all the way of conventional buying and selling is a definite reason of failing business in Myanmar.


We have to think of entrepreneurship. I learned from HP that entrepreneurship is every important for poor countries. The business what we do should be in win-win method where both supplier and consumer get quality of life. For example , selling cheap and clean foods in poor village could also be called entrepreneurship business model in which villager can eat clean and sellers also get benefit. Only what we have to do is to reduce the price and maintain the quality of the product. Myanmar people are tired of buying expensive products. We just need to create products that is cheap and good in quality that I called entrepreneurship.

Author - Aung Kham

0 comments: